Please be sure to read all cruise related FAQs prior to purchasing tickets.
Before You Go:
- Scheduled cruises may operate in inclement weather including rain or fog. Please plan to wear layers (including a jacket and/or windbreaker), dressing for a variety of wind and sea conditions.
- Passengers of all ages, even infants, are required to have a ticket for boarding (does not apply to Shepler’s private charter cruises).
- Guests with Lighthouse cruise paper gift certificates, are required to present their certificates at the Mackinaw City dock office in exchange for a boarding voucher. To book a cruise using a gift certificate, please call 231-436-5023.
- All scheduled cruises depart from and return to our Mackinaw City dock unless otherwise noted.
- Guests departing on a Shepler’s scheduled cruise enjoy complimentary parking in our Mackinaw City Day Lot at 311 South Nicolet Street.
- Please plan to arrive one (1) hour prior to the cruise departure time.
- Guests purchasing a cruise ticket are assigned a boarding number at time of purchase. Boarding number dictates the order in which guests board. Once boarded, guests may choose any seat they prefer.
- Boarding for all cruises begins 30 minutes prior to departure time.
- Lighthouse cruises are narrated by members of the Great Lakes Lighthouse Keepers Association and donates 10% of all cruise profits to assist with their mission and preservation efforts.
- Dark Sky cruises are narrated by dark sky expert Mary Stewart Adams.
- Direction and duration of all scheduled cruises is subject to change at the captain and crew’s discretion due to unforeseen circumstances such as weather.
- Outside food or beverages of any kind are not permitted on Shepler’s scheduled cruises (does not pertain to private charter cruises).
- Smoking is not permitted on any Shepler’s motor vessel.
- Only trained service animals are permitted on any Shepler’s scheduled cruise. Pets are not permitted.
- Restrooms are available on all scheduled cruises.
Cancellations and Refunds:
- Shepler’s reserves the right to cancel a cruise at any time, or return to port early due to any unforeseen circumstance such as weather or a change in sea conditions. Should Shepler’s cancel a cruise, a full refund will be provided within one week to all ticket holders.
- All Night Sky Cruise and 4th of July Cruise tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Lighthouse Cruise tickets are refundable up to 48 hours prior to your departure date and time.