You’ll start by passing under the Mackinac Bridge, then you’ll head across the Straits between Round Island Light and Round Island Passage Light. Turning east, you’ll pass by the privately owned Bois Blanc Light. Next you’ll be treated to a chance to see the elusive Spectacle Reef Lighthouse. This light may only be viewed up-close from a boat and the cruise allows you unbelievable photo opportunities of this remarkable lighthouse. Poe Reef and Fourteen Foot Shoal Lights mark your turn into the South Channel.
A quick trip up the Cheboygan River takes you past the Cheboygan Crib Light and Cheboygan Front Range Light before you head back. En route, you’ll enjoy the clear blue waters of the Straits, an up-close view of the Coast Guard cutter “Mackinaw”, and plenty of maritime history.
The cruise is four hours long.
Lighthouses include: Round Island Light, Round Island Passage Light, Bois Blanc Lighthouse, Poe Reef, Fourteen Foot Shoal, Cheboygan Crib Light, Cheboygan River Front Range Light, and Spectacle Reef.
- You can cancel up to 48 hours prior to the cruise for a full refund. Any cancellation made within 48 hours of the cruise will be non-refundable.
- We board by boarding number assigned at time of purchase.
- We will begin boarding approximately 30 minutes prior to departure on our Mackinaw City Dock.
- Parking for our Cruises is located in our Day Lot at 311 S. Nicolet Street across from I-75 N Exit 338. Please arrive 1 hour prior to the cruise to get parked and to the dock for boarding.
- No outside food or beverage allowed.
- No pets, please.
- Direction and duration of cruise subject to change due to weather. Changes or cancellation due to weather is at Shepler’s discretion. If Shepler’s has to cancel the cruise, we will issue a full refund.
Child (5-12): $40.25
Child Under 5: Free
For more information about our Lighthouse Cruises, click here.