Come see the stars with us!
Spend a relaxing evening on the Straits of Mackinac and take in the magnificent scenery the area has to offer. The 11 cruises being offered are planned around various events in the night sky and most are timed to go out around sunset/ moon rise. Each cruise features narration (unless noted otherwise) provided by Mary Stewart Adams. Come aboard for a remarkable night sky experience!
2019 Night Sky Cruise Schedule: (For detailed descriptions of the cruises, click here.)
Saturday, June 15 Strawberry Moon 8:45 – 10:15 pm
Friday, June 21 Summer Solstice 9:15 – 10:45 pm
Thursday, June 27 Starry Crown 9:15 – 10:45 pm
Wednesday, July 3 Mars/Crescent Moon 9:15 – 10:45 pm
Saturday, July 13 Jupiter & Moon 9:00 – 10:30 pm
Wednesday, July 31 Black Moon 9:45 – 11:15 pm
Wednesday, August 14 Sturgeon Moon 8:30 – 10:00 pm
Thursday, August 15 Full Moon 9:00 – 10:45 pm
Friday, August 30 Last New Moon 8:00 – 9:45 pm
Friday, Sept 13 Moonlight 7:45 – 9:15 pm
Saturday, Sept 14 Harvest Moon 7:45 – 9:15 pm
- Tickets for this cruise are non-refundable.
- We board by boarding number assigned at time of purchase.
- We will begin boarding approximately 30 minutes prior to departure on our Mackinaw City Dock.
- Parking for our Cruises is located in our Day Lot at 311 S. Nicolet Street across from I-75 N Exit 338. Please arrive 1 hour prior to the cruise to get parked and to the dock for boarding.
- All seating is upper-deck, with the cabin available if preferred or if the weather is inclement.
- No outside food or beverage allowed.
- No pets, please.
- Direction and duration of cruise subject to change due to weather. Changes or cancellation due to weather is at Shepler’s discretion. If Shepler’s has to cancel the cruise, we will issue a full refund.
Child (5-12): $17.00
Child Under 5: Free if sitting on adult’s lap.