Come see the stars with us!
Spend a relaxing evening on the Straits of Mackinac and take in the magnificent scenery the area has to offer. The five cruises being offered are planned around various events in the night sky and are timed to go out around sunset/ moonrise. Each cruise features narration provided by Mary Stewart Adams, the Dark Sky Park Program Director at the Headlands. Come aboard for a remarkable night sky experience! (PLEASE NOTE: The second Meteor Shower Cruise boat will not have narration.)
2017 Night Sky Cruise Schedule:
Quarter Moon Cruise: June 30th, 9:00 p.m.-10:30 p.m.
Full Thunder Moon Cruise: July 9th, 9:00 p.m.-10:30 p.m.
Crescent Moon Cruise: July 29th, 8:45 p.m.-10:15 p.m.
Perseid Meteor Shower Cruise: August 12th, 11:00 p.m.-1:00 a.m. – The first cruise has sold out and there will be no narration on the second boat.
Wine Moon Cruise: September 6th, 7:45 p.m.- 9:15 p.m.
- Tickets for this cruise are non-refundable.
- We board by boarding number assigned at time of purchase.
- We will begin boarding approximately 30 minutes prior to departure on our Mackinaw City Dock.
- No need to arrive early to line up for boarding. (All seating is upper-deck, with the cabin available if preferred or if the weather is inclement.)
- No outside food or beverage allowed.
- No pets, please.
- If Shepler’s has to cancel the cruise, we will issue a full refund.
Child (5-12): $14.00
Child 4 & under: Free if sitting on adult’s lap.
Tickets also available through our office at 1-800-828-6157.