Come see the stars with us!
Spend a relaxing evening on the Straits of Mackinac and take in the magnificent scenery the area has to offer. The six cruises being offered are planned around various events in the night sky and most are timed to go out around sunset/ moon rise. Each cruise features narration (unless noted otherwise) provided by Mary Stewart Adams. Come aboard for a remarkable night sky experience! (PLEASE NOTE: If a second boat is added to the Meteor Shower Cruise dates, the additional boat will not have narration.)
2018 Night Sky Cruise Schedule:
Full Moon Cruise: June 28th, 9:15 p.m.-10:45 p.m.
Crescent Moon Cruise: July 15th, 9:15 p.m.-10:45 p.m.
Thunder Moon Cruise: July 26th, 9:00 p.m.-10:30 p.m.
Perseid Meteor Shower Cruise: August 10th, 11:00 p.m.-1:00 a.m. – (If the first cruise boat sells out, there will be no narration on the second boat on this date.)
Perseid Meteor Shower Cruise: August 12th, 11:00 p.m.-1:00 a.m. – (If the first cruise boat sells out, there will be no narration on the second boat on this date.)
New Moon Cruise: September 9th, 7:45 p.m.- 9:15 p.m.
- Tickets for this cruise are non-refundable.
- We board by boarding number assigned at time of purchase.
- We will begin boarding approximately 30 minutes prior to departure on our Mackinaw City Dock.
- No need to arrive early to line up for boarding. (All seating is upper-deck, with the cabin available if preferred or if the weather is inclement.)
- No outside food or beverage allowed.
- No pets, please.
- If Shepler’s has to cancel the cruise, we will issue a full refund.
- Parking for our Cruises is located in our Day Lot across from I-75 N Exit 338, at the corner of Nicolet and Mackinaw Crossings Drive. Please arrive 1 hour prior to the cruise to get parked and to the dock for boarding.
Child (5-12): $15.00
Child Under 5: Free if sitting on adult’s lap.